In Office Position Only. No agencies, please.
RELOCATION IS NOT PROVIDED FOR THIS ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Construction On-Site Safety Coordinator to ensure project site compliance from our Dallas, TX location. All applicants must be bilingual in English and Spanish, possess active OSHA 500 & 510 certifications, and have 5+ years in the construction industry in a safety role with a proven track record.
CHERRY COATINGS is an innovator and pioneer in advanced techniques for a wide variety of commercial projects. Specializing in Architectural Coatings, Shop Coatings, and Floor Coatings, we are committed to delivering beyond expectations.
Purpose: Responsible to work with management and safety personnel of assigned city/cities; ensure compliance with Safety activities and procedures while maintaining high levels of confidentiality.
- Assists, plans, and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Ensures execution of health and safety plans on worksites according to legal guidelines and in accordance with GC requirements.
- Encourage & educate on policies to advance a culture of health and safety
- Plans, implements & presents training for employees in work site & workplace safety practices.
- Performs safety audits and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventative measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Conducts post-accident investigation and prepares report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management.
- Work with Project Managers & Field leadership to develop solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures to upgrade safety programs.
- Maintain safety training certifications including OSHA 10 & 30
- Delivers corrective action & disciplinary measures with employees who fail to comply with expected safety standards
- Proven experience as Large Construction Site Safety Manager +5 Years
- Experience in Commercial Painting industry +5 Years preferred
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and solid record keeping skills
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Strong knowledge of site project management as it relates to Safety
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities; bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Valid current training qualification in occupational health and safety; OSHA 500/510
- Develop a working relationship with operations based on trust and respect. (A safety professional CANNOT do anything until that has been built)
- Assist EHS Managers with Root Cause Analysis on all medical incidents and other incidents as necessary as well as coach and mentor operations on how to investigate incidents and the record keeping requirements with it.
- Servant Heart: Put Others First
- Cultivate: Invest time developing yourself. Always take time to help & mentor others
- Act Promptly: Respond the way you hope others respond to you. Fast & accurate.
- Innovate: Be Creative. Think outside the box.
- Deliver: Follow through, do what you say, honor your commitments. Go beyond expectations with excellence.
- Representative of those that must be met by employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to conditions that include weather such as heat and/or humidity and cold, fumes or airborne particles, exposure to dust and asphalt, and moving mechanical parts. There may be occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals. Conditions can also include risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment can often be loud.
- Ability to lift, carry and/or move 50lbs frequently.
- Use hands and fingers to operate tools and other business machines daily
- Reach, grasp, push & pull with hands and arms in all directions often
- Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs, climb ladders & climb scaffolding, sit and stand for extended periods of time daily, both level and unlevel surfaces
- Drive & Operate various equipment on job site, lifts, 4-wheel carts, vehicle as needed
- Talk and hear at normal levels at all times
- See with close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and have the ability to adjust focus at all times
- Outstanding work environment.
- Paid Holidays.
- Flexible Paid Vacation.
- Vision, Life, & more.
- 401K is just some of the amazing reasons to join our team! CHERRY COATINGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.