CHERRY COATINGS is an innovator and pioneer in advanced techniques for a wide variety of commercial projects. Specializing in Architectural Coatings, Shop Coatings, and Floor Coatings, we are committed to delivering beyond expectations.
We are looking for an experienced and highly proactive Preconstruction Manager. The ideal candidate for this role has 5-10 years in Commercial Painting focused on New Construction (non-residential) market experienced working with scopes of work exceeding $1M; An individual who is organized, flexible, willing to learn & be mentored; can demonstrate exceptional ability to connect with and positively motivate others. In this role you will be involved in many facets of preconstruction and will have the ability to partner to advance our existing operations. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Mentor, coach and develop all team members
- Attend Job Site visits review existing conditions; partner with Operations Manager, Field Manager and/or Foreman input
- Able to independently deliver solid estimates for entire project scopes.
- Ensure complete bid & cost project evaluation. Leverage experience, look beyond information, mitigate risks.
- Experience in responding to RFP’s and formal presentation for a project.
- Review all project bid documents for completeness & accuracy.
- Develop preconstruction meeting schedule & monitor progress.
- Own & manage estimating pipeline & accuracy of bid win rates via Building Connected.
- Present job schedule projections regularly, partner with Field Operations.
- Develop & maintain expert level knowledge of competitive market pricing.
- Ability to engage, develop & influence business with New and Existing Customers.
- Attend & participate in business meetings, industry conferences and network activity to improve the presence and reputation of the business unit and company.
- Establish & maintain positive and effective relationships with customer, project team, architects, engineers, vendor representatives, etc.
- Know market and pricing.
- Manage Projections with BD.
- Know customer base and types of jobs (Build relationships with PreCon of companies)
- Analyze wins and losses.
- Leadership & Integrity.
- High level of fluency reading plans, specifications & related documents.
- Competent with technology and programs PlanSwift, Plan Grid, Building Connected & MS Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- 5-10 Years progressive growth in Commercial Painting or Construction.
- Flexibility to work in fast-paced environment, variable working hours both in office & field.
- Enjoy various challenges with a multitasked position from takeoff to sales.
- Graduate in engineering, architectural or construction management program is an asset.
- Management experience.
- Commercial Painting Field Experience is a plus New Construction (non-residential)
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Outstanding work environment, Paid Holidays, Flexible Paid Vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, & more; 401K, Profit Sharing, Bonus and career growth potential are just some of the amazing reasons to join our team!