No agencies, please.
RELOCATION IS NOT PROVIDED FOR THIS ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Construction On-Site Safety Coordinator to ensure project site compliance from our Phoenix, AZ location. All applicants must be bilingual in English and Spanish and have 5+ years in the construction industry in a safety role with a proven track record.
CHERRY COATINGS is an innovator and pioneer in advanced techniques for a wide variety of commercial projects. Specializing in Architectural Coatings, Shop Coatings, and Floor Coatings, we are committed to delivering beyond expectations.
- Execute health and safety plans on worksites according to legal guidelines.
- Encourage & educate on policies to advance a culture of health and safety.
- Inspect work sites, equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Work with Project Managers & Field leadership to develop solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Respond to project specific safety inquiries.
- Participate in weekly safety meeting/toolbox talks.
- Assist field team with ordering, issue, inspection & maintenance of safety equipment/PPE.
- Assist with documentation, recordkeeping and EHS program updates.
- Partner with and support Safety Director during any necessary incident investigation and/or documentation.
- Develop ability to lead increasingly more complex training programs.
- Participate in the development of trainings based on direct experience to enhance site safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned that to support company safety initiatives.
- Proven experience performing safely in role
- 2-3 years in a safety leadership role
- Experience in Commercial Painting industry +2 Years preferred.
- Must be able to maintain & adhere to strict confidentiality regulations as pertain to OSHA, ADA, HIPPA and all other applicable laws.
- Ability in producing reports and solid recordkeeping skills.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities; Must be fluently bilingual, read/speak/write English/Spanish.
- OSHA Certifications/Safety Qualifications; OSHA 30, STS-C, CHST preferred
Representative of those that must be met by employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to conditions that include weather such as heat and/or humidity and cold, fumes or airborne particles, exposure to dust and asphalt, and moving mechanical parts. There may be occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals. Conditions can also include risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment can often be loud.
- Ability to lift, carry and/or move 50lbs. frequently.
- Use hands and fingers to operate tools and other business machines daily.
- Reach, grasp, push & pull with hands and arms in all directions often.
- Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs, climb ladders & climb scaffolding, sit and stand for extended periods of time daily, both level and unlevel surfaces.
- Drive & Operate various equipment on job site, lifts, 4-wheel carts, vehicle as needed.
- Talk and hear at normal levels at all times.
- See with close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and have the ability to adjust focus at all times.